Who Are Our Lawyers?
Centarus Legal Services P.C. maintains a team of highly skilled lawyers that possess the formal legal experience necessary to expertly draft corporate and securities transactional documents. Specifically, most Centaurs’ attorneys have been in practice for ten years or more, and we utilize at least two skilled lawyers on any sizeable project to provide redundancy.
What Makes Us Different?
As a boutique firm, we believe that we can provide a higher level of client service and satisfaction than larger corporate and securities law firms, while simultaneously providing more competitive billing rates. Two of the initial differences between our legal services firm and many others in the industry are (1) our responsiveness and (2) our solution oriented focus. Concerning responsiveness, many lawyers in large and small firm practice take one or more days to return client calls, whereas our firm maintains a standing policy that all client communications are to be returned that same day—most clients find this a refreshing change.
Regarding solution orientation, corporate and small business executives frequently refer to lawyers as ‘deal killers,” and unfortunately, this is often a justified criticism. It should be remembered that legal training is, in fact, largely focused on “problem or issue spotting” and lawyers are generally very good at this—sometimes too good. Often, the lawyers that are best at spotting problems and that possess the foresight to find solutions are those who have extensive supplemental business and financial industry experience from which they can draw upon. Our lawyers have gained this experience through their executive level financial industry employment or through their roles as house counsel at financial service institutions.
- Formation of Business Entities: LLCs, Corporations, Partnerships, etc
- Business Contract Drafting and Review
- Mergers & Acquisitions Representation
- Commercial Lease Drafting and Review
- Legal Guidance Concerning Transaction Structure
- Stock Option Agreements
- Assistance with Initial and Annual Shareholder and Board of Directors Meetings, Review / Update of Bylaws, Corporate Maintenance, and Resolutions
- Partnership Agreements and Disputes
- Breach of Contract Litigation Representation
- Trademarks / Intellectual Property Law
- Employment Law: Contracts, Business Dispute Resolution, Review and Negotiation of Contracts, Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreements, Stock Option Plans, Employee Termination Agreements, Website Policy and User Agreements, Dispute Resolution, and Business Litigation
- Dissolution and Wind-Up, Purchase, Sale, Merger, and Conversion of Corporations, LLCs, and LLPs Nationwide
- Drafting of Various Types of Debt and Equity Securities Offerings: S1 Public Offerings, Private Placement Memoranda, Interstate Offerings