Our crowdfunding offerings are expertly drafted by a crowdfunding lawyer, based on your specific funding requirements – We do not use templates, and they should never be used!
Crowdfunding Lawyer | Crowdfunding Offerings
- Our crowdfunding offerings are expertly drafted by a crowdfunding lawyer, based on your specific funding requirements – We do not use templates, and they should never be used!
- We have been drafting crowdfunding offerings for issuers for over a decade. This is longer than the term “crowdfunding” has been in use.
- There are a number of different offering types that can be used to raise capital through crowdfunding, and we are experts at all of them.
- Our offerings are drafted and reviewed by no less than TWO highly skilled and veteran crowdfunding attorneys for accuracy.
- Our crowdfunding lawyers are large law firm caliber attorneys, and most are graduates of top law schools with top tier experience.
- We are one of the few law firms in the country that represents other law firms clients in Securities and Exchange Commission defense actions.
- Our goal is to protect you from future SEC, regulatory, legal and criminal prosecution and to design a legal structure that will help you succeed.
- Our competitive flat fee pricing is significantly lower than similarly skilled midsize or large law firms.
Crowdfunding Attorney | Crowdfunding Offerings are Complicated
- A crowdfunding offering is conducted through offering documents that allow issuers to raise capital from non-accredited investors, high net worth individuals, and institutional investors. Getting funding through a crowdfunding offering can be a very complicated and tricky process if it is not done right.
- Because of the potential for civil and criminal prosecution if not executed properly, these offering documents require a high level of skill and experience—this is the reason that we assign TWO crowdfunding attorneys to draft all of our client’s offering documents. In addition, almost all of our securities lawyers have over a decade of experience drafting securities offering documents. This is nearly double the experience of most small law firms. In fact, most large law firms assign only associate level attorneys, with less than six years of experience, to draft most clients offering documents. These same large law firms assign their veteran lawyers to serve only their large and “valued” clients.
- Our documents are not drafted solely based on theoretical legal principals. Instead, since we are also securities litigators, we draft our offering documents so that they anticipate potential arguments that plaintiff’s attorneys and regulators could make against our clients in the future. Our backgrounds and our close ties to investment banking firms allow us to provide you with deal structuring and market advice that other lawyers can’t.
- Crowdfunding offering documents must be carefully crafted to protect you from running afoul of the securities laws. Inexperienced crowdfunding lawyers and non-lawyer consulting firms and are simply unequipped to draft these types of documents. In fact, many experienced large law firm securities lawyers, while very competent, only devote a small percentage of their practice to drafting crowdfunding offerings. In fact, if you closely examine large law firm securities lawyer’s bio’s, you will notice that most of them describe that they are experts in no less than four areas of law in addition to securities law (ie. mergers and acquisitions, real estate, banking law, etc).
- At our firm, 95% of our law practice is devoted to drafting crowdfunding offerings, other private placements, public offerings and to litigating securities matters for other law firm’s clients. In addition, we have over a decade long proven track record of drafting legal documents that protect clients from litigation and regulatory investigation. Finally, a private placement attorney or private placement lawyer may also be referred to as a crowdfunding attorney or cryptocurrency attorney, but such distinctions are only necessary to describe the lawyers’ scope of practice, and our attorneys are considered experts in both of these specialized areas.
Why Choose Us?
We are one of the oldest and most experienced boutique crowdfunding firms in the country today, and few full-service securities law firms that can offer our clients the benefits described below:
- We are experienced crowdfunding lawyers, and we provide large law firm skill and experience at extremely competitive boutique law firm pricing.
- We are among the most competitively priced law firms in the nation, given our level of skill and experience.
- Our team has more than 50 years of combined securities law experience, and our objective in serving clients is not to simply draft a crowdfunding memorandum. Instead, our objective is to draft an offering that will protect our clients against potential future civil and criminal allegations in the event that investors aren’t satisfied with the outcome of their investment.
- You need expertly drafted offering documents to raise capital through a crowdfunding offering, but you also need experts who know how to raise capital through crowdfunding, and no firm in the US today has done this longer than we have.
Call us today for a free consultation.
Our Skill and Experience
We are a boutique law firm that possesses the same level of skill and experience as a mid-size or a large law firm. Each of our attorneys has more than a decade of legal experience, and most are graduates of top schools in the U.S. Our team is comprised of a former Morgan Stanley in-house attorney, a former Securities and Exchange Commission staff reviewer, a former litigator with the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, and other attorneys who were trained by and worked at large and prestigious law firms.
Two Veteran Lawyers on Every Project
Why? Because we believe that this level of redundancy is necessary to draft securities offering documents in order to properly protect clients from the risk of future potential civil and criminal prosecution.
We Can Protect You Better
Since we are also securities litigators, we represent investors in securities fraud actions. These are litigation actions where investors have invested in offerings and have become dissatisfied with the results of the offering.
Experience with Distribution
We are the only fully staffed law firm in the US today that has an affiliated capital consulting firm that has over a decade of experience raising capital for crowdfunding type offerings. In addition, most law firms truly don’t know what is involved with raising capital due to a lack of hands-on capital markets experience. Our attorneys aren’t just former law firm attorneys; many of our attorneys have worked directly for issuers that have issued hundreds of millions of dollars in securities. This provides our lawyers with extensive real world securities distribution experience and allows us to furnish our clients with necessary direction that other less experienced attorneys cannot.
In addition, our law firm’s relationship with our capital consulting firm makes us legal and consulting experts in the area of crowdfunding. Centarus Business Consultants, Ltd, our affiliated capital consulting firm is comprised of former investment bankers who are experts with raising capital through crowdfunding.
We offer flat fee pricing that is extremely competitive when you consider our skill and experience.